for Local Search Supremacy
and improve your web presence by listing your business with key online directories.
Tip: Create a spreadsheet to keep track of user names and passwords created for respective directory listings. It will come in handy when you need to update your information.
Bonus: Improve your local searchability with a customizable coupon you can attach to your Google Places listing.
Local Listings Sites
CitySearch, InsiderPages, MerchantCircle, Yelp, Cityvoter, EZlocal, Superpages, YellowBot, Yellowbook, Manta, Best of the Web, Superpages, Hotfrog, DexKnows, CitySquares, Kudzu, Brownbook, OpenList, GetFave, Judy’s Book, Angieslist, Switchboard, AnyWho, InfoSpace, ServiceMagic, TripAdvisor, UrbanSpoon, Zagat, VirtualTourist, Praized, Local, Tupalo, DiscoverOurTown, Tyloon, Mojopages, Genieknows, Wcities, Metrobot, Magic Yellow, Whitepages , 411, AssistGuide, Topix, Menu Network, Decidio, Go2, Yellow USA, DirectoryM, B2B Yellow Pages
Mobile Check-in Apps
Foursquare, Gowalla, Twitter Places, Loopt, MyTown, BrightKite, Facebook
Passive Submission Sites
Local to Seattle, Washington
Following are six exceptional sources related to local search:
- David Mihm’s Local Search Ranking Factors
- Andrew Shotland’s Local SEO Guide SEO QA
- Chris Silversmith’s Anatomy & Optimization Of A Local Business Profile
- Matt McGee’s 10 Likely Elements of Google’s Local Search Algorithm
- James Cordes’ Top 5 Sites Picked Up by Google’s Local Business Center
- Dave Cosper’s Search Engine Guide for Small Business Owners